At Monte Design Group we are committed to minimizing the negative impact we have on the environment. Here are a few of the steps we have taken to make our products more environmentally responsible:
- Our foam is locally manufactured from natural seed-based oils such as soybean, significantly decreasing the dependence on fossil fuels like petroleum and ultimately lessening greenhouse gas emissions. It is halogen free and free of mercury, lead and other heavy metals. It is also free of CFC, PBDE and TDCPP (Tris).
- Our foam is low emission (low VOC) contributing to a safe and clean indoor air quality. For additional information on our foam please visit (www.certipur.us) and BioH (www.bioh.com).
- All our wood meets the requirements of the LEED Rating System for wood adhesives (no urea formaldehyde added), and the glue used in frame construction is water-based and biodegradable. Further, the wood we use is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) meaning forestry companies are independently audited to meet the FSC's strict forest management standards.
- Our suppliers replant an average of 3-4 trees for each one harvested.
- Our fabrics and threads are manufactured according to Oeko-Tex® Standard 100, meeting globally uniform and scientifically-based (textile and human ecologically relevant) test criteria. The standard tests for harmful substances which are prohibited or regulated by law, chemicals which are known to be harmful to health, and parameters which are included as a precautionary measure to safeguard health. This standard ensures that no hazardous chemicals are used in the manufacture of our fabrics and threads. (www.oeko-tex.com)
- Our gliding and reclining mechanisms are made of 95% recycled steel and are free of lead-based paint or finishes. The mechanisms are made with low-solvent, water-based paints and no-solvent powder coating materials, thereby reducing or eliminating solvent air emissions and solvent waste.
- All our shipping boxes are made from over 95% recycled materials.
- Our products are custom made in our local Toronto warehouse to ensure high quality and customer satisfaction.
These are only a part of an on-going effort at Monte Design Group to lessen the impact we have on our delicate eco-system. While we pride ourselves on providing exceptional comfort and style for our children with our furniture, we must ensure that we also provide a safe and friendly environment for their future.